The KU Alumni Association exists to strengthen the University of Kansas by informing, engaging and mobilizing the KU community.
The Association must be a consistently growing, active and powerful KU community that creates impact for the University.
Your membership in the KU Alumni Association is the single most powerful way to make all of KU stronger, including the value of your own degree. Through your membership, the Association:
- Enhances student recruitment by signaling to the best and brightest that a powerful affiliation exists worldwide in support of the University
- Increases the value of your KU degree by highlighting the accomplishments and commitment of Jayhawks
- Preserves KU’s distinctive, nationally known traditions and helps students understand that being a Jayhawk is a lifelong commitment
- Provides an avenue through which informed advocates for KU can voice their opinions and be heard by KU leaders and politicians
- Grows a larger network of Jayhawks who can help fellow Jayhawks in an increasingly competitive world
The Alumni Association is the sole guardian of alumni records for the University of Kansas and houses biographical information on more than 440,000 graduates, former students and friends of the University. These records comprise 139,696 residents of Kansas, 139,169 residents of other states and 5,288 residents for foreign countries. Association members can locate an alumnus in the Online Directory.