Coordinator or Assistant Director of Membership and Business Development – Posted 08/30/17 – Review of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Position Title: Coordinator OR Asst. Director of Membership and Business Development
Reports to: Director of Membership and Business Development
Develop and execute member recruitment and retention plans; manage the fulfillment and acknowledgement process; manage advertising/marketing traffic and production process; manage corporate partner activation plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve on the Membership internal team.
- Work with Director to develop and implement member recruitment and retention plan to increase membership at all levels (Recent Grad, Annual, Jayhawk Society, Life and Endacott Society) and achieve annual revenue and membership goals.
- Provide day-to-day customer service to members and potential members via phone, email, letter, personal contact, etc.
- Work with membership coordinator and interns to assist with fulfillment, including acknowledgement letters, special promotions, automatic renewal incentives, etc.
- Provide data mining services using Tableau to identify target groups.
- Manage inventory and distribution of member appreciation gifts and recruitment/retention incentives.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of membership process in Advance, iModules and online forms.
- Maintain a lead management system for identifying, evaluating and managing business prospects and current business partners.
- Develop and maintain system for sponsorship contracts and advertising insertion orders.
- Support VP in the sales process of all organization assets (magazine, web site, mobile apps, events and programs), including preparing power point presentations.
- Manage the day-to-day process of fulfilling and tracking corporate partner activation commitments, including working with all departments to implement agreed upon activation components.
- Manage the traffic/production schedules; collection of marketing and advertising materials.
- Maintain online media kit to ensure all information is current.
- Prepare sponsor activation summaries for VP to present to corporate partners.
- Manage the auction components of Rock Chalk Ball, Round Up and other designated events identified by the Programs team. This includes working with Kansas City and Wichita staffs, boards and volunteers.
- Support Director of Membership and Business Development with the day-to-day operations and marketing of the alumni travel program, including reservations, tour operator agreements and trip fulfillment (pre and post).
- Provide administrative support for Membership and Business Development team
- Assist with developing and managing annual budget for areas of responsibility
- Handle confidential and non-routine information.
- Attend various Alumni Association and University events and programs as directed.
- Other duties as required.
Training and Experience:
College degree (prefer business/marketing degree) and a minimum of 1-5 years related work experience is preferred. Experience with a university or other non-profit membership organization is preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Neatness in appearance, maturity, creativity and initiative.
- Must have knowledge of and competency in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MS Word, Outlook, Access, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and work effectively with team members from all departments, as well as externally with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
- Work requires strong project management skills and continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials. Must be able to establish priorities and meet deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Position requires willingness to travel, and to work nights and weekends as required.