Position Title: Director/Assistant Vice President for the Jayhawk Career Network*
Reports to: Vice President of Alumni and Student Programs
Alumni and student engagement position designed to achieve transformative career readiness and outcomes through intentional networking and career connections across industry and in collaboration with KU Career Services.
*This position will be filled at either the Director or Assistant Vice President level commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate and contribute to institutional career strategy by collaborating with all major career resources available on campus to create efficiencies, improve communication, enhance the exposure of current resources, and identify new opportunities.
• Build programmatic framework and platform for Jayhawk alums to connect professionally within and across industries.
• Cultivate relationships with alumni business leaders and entrepreneurs.
• Organize alum-to-alum networking within companies and key industries.
• Develop programs to recognize alumni for their career success through digital channels, on-campus programs, and programs in large feeder areas/major metro markets.
• Work with Sr. VP of Information Systems and KU Career Center to improve employment data.
• Link KU students with professional alumni mentors and career exploration experiences at companies across the US.
• Grow quality and volume of alumni participating in the KU Alumni Mentoring Platform.
• Organize and co-host alumni-led company tours and info sessions for students in partnership with KU Career Center and academic units.
• Develop an increased number of internship and job pipelines for KU students through companies owned by KU graduates or with executive level KU leadership within a company.
• Elevate exposure and brand of hirejayhawks.com, the KU internship and job database, where the Jayhawk network can provide tangible value for KU students as they apply for positions (consolidating all leads on alums wanting to hire Jayhawks into one system. Personalize the experience in close coordination with the KU Career Center.
• Work with companies to identify talent needs to student ‘fit’, providing a highly personalized experience and curated access to students with specific skillsets.
• Assist with developing and managing annual budget for areas of responsibility.
• Handle confidential and non-routine information.
• Attend various Alumni Association and University events and programs as directed.
• Other duties as required.
Training and Experience:
College degree and a minimum of 3-5 years related work experience is required. Experience in career programming, development, curriculum and/or recruiting and talent acquisition is preferred. KU degree and/or Master’s degree preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• Neatness in appearance, maturity, creativity and initiative.
• Must have knowledge of and competency in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MS Word, Outlook, Access, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and work effectively with team members from all departments, as well as externally with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
• Work requires strong project management skills and continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials. Must be able to establish priorities and meet deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
• Position requires willingness to travel, and to work nights and weekends as required.
Posted 11/21/17. Review of resumes will commence 12/13/17 and continue until the position is filled.