Operations and Membership Coordinator – Posted 12/12/18 – Review of applications begins 01/03/19 and continues until position is filled
THE KU ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Position Title: Operations and Membership Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Membership, Marketing and Business Development
Provide administrative support to: 1) assist with the membership recruitment, retention and fulfillment process; 2)
support the finance team with daily deposits; 3) support the programs team with event registrations; 4) assist with
daily responsibilities surrounding the travel program; 5) support the organization with general office assistant duties
including the mail room processing and production work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Finance Team and Administrative Support:
• Prepare daily bank deposit along with supporting documentation from all sources including internet and mail.
• Process daily incoming and outgoing mail. Sort, open, and distribute mail according to destination. Serve as
primary liaison for UPS.
• Responsible for ordering, maintaining, organizing office supplies and inventory.
• Coordinate maintenance of office equipment including copiers, folding machine, etc.
• Provide day-to-day customer service to members and potential members via phone, email, letter, personal
• Work with membership coordinator and interns to assist with fulfillment, including acknowledgement letters,
special promotions, automatic renewal incentives, etc.
• Manage inventory and distribution of member appreciation gifts and recruitment/retention incentives.
• Develop and maintain working knowledge of membership process in Advance, iModules and online forms.
• Provide day-to-day customer service to current and potential passengers.
• Fulfill pre- and post-trip mailings.
• Provide day-to-day customer service to members and potential members with regards to network events via
phone, email, and personal contact, etc.
• Process all event registrations.
• Provide event reservation reports and data to alumni network and program team members.
• Provide administrative support for organization.
• Handle confidential and non-routine information.
• Attend various Alumni Association and University events and programs as directed.
• Other duties as required.
Training and Experience:
College degree and a minimum of 1-3 years related work experience is preferred. Experience with a university or
other non-profit membership organization is preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• Neatness in appearance, maturity, creativity and initiative.
• Must be proficient in a variety of computer software applications, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and work effectively with team members from
all departments, as well as externally with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
• Ability to regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds; periodically lift and move up to 25 pounds.
• Position requires willingness to travel and to work nights and weekends as requested.
• Work requires strong project management skills, including establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must
be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and
To apply, email a letter of interest with résumé, salary requirements, and names and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF formats only).
Alternatively, the requested information can be sent to KU Alumni Association, Attn. Human Resources, 1266 Oread Ave., Lawrence, KS 66045.
Review of applications will begin upon receipt and continue until the position is filled. Due to the sensitive nature of the position, a background check is required. Employment is contingent upon background and reference checks that KU Alumni Association finds to be acceptable. If you are called for an interview, you will also be asked to complete our job application and bring it with you to the interview.