THE KU ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Position Title: Programmer Analyst
Reports to: Vice President for Records
Full-time position for an experienced programmer and data analyst responsible for driving efficient operations by providing customized data reports and analyzing business processes and data to provide business insight.
In this role, the programmer analyst will collaborate with Alumni Association staff, KU Endowment and other University stakeholders to provide data on demand and identify and implement business intelligence solutions that support the Association’s membership, donor relations and business development activities through data-driven decision-making utilizing concise, high-quality visualizations. Also responsible for ad hoc data analysis, trending, and predictive modeling.
Advise leadership on information systems and services, and provide customer focused service in the areas of business requirements/solutions development, business intelligence, project management and implementation, education, and end user support.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write high quality code to retrieve, analyze and present the data
- Create simple to complex data, reporting, and business intelligence solutions by utilizing or developing reporting, analytics and business intelligence platforms
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with leadership, departments and personnel with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced
- Identify business-related functional and technical requirements, and translate requirements into reporting solutions, analytic tools, and dashboards that in turn deliver actionable data to the end users
- Develop in-depth understanding of underlying data, data structures, and business uses of data
- Provide expertise in the business operations of various departments and how data supports their operations in order to provide the most effective business intelligence solutions possible
- Identify gaps in data collection, the data model, and meta data for future infrastructure enhancements
- Write and execute comprehensive test plans that validate the accuracy of information and functionality to ensure delivery of high-quality business intelligence applications.
- Comply with Association, KU Endowment, University and industry standards, best practices, and policies
Training and Education
Training and experience should be the equivalent of that normally received with an advanced degree in business, information systems, IT or related field of study at a college of university. Hands-on experience with business intelligence or equivalent experience in data analysis, reporting, and relational databases.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
2 to 5 years of related experience.
Experience using SQL in an Oracle or SQL Server database environment and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge and skill in records and computer systems management.
Superior written and spoken English and demonstrated skills in communicating effectively with individuals and groups at various levels.
Prior experience using SQL-based report writing tools and Tableau desirable. Knowledge and skill in managing university alumni, gift, and biographical records in a systems environment.
Review of applications will begin the week of May 6th and continue until the position is filled.