We are incredibly grateful for your generosity as loyal alumni and friends. Your support enabled us to unite thousands of Jayhawks around the world, strengthen KU and add value to KU degrees. You played an important role in our achievements during the fiscal year that ended June 30, 2018. In addition to the highlights summarized in these pages, the Association also made strides in the following areas, including important milestones since June 30:
- We established a plan to create the Jayhawk Career Network (JCN) based on feedback and direction from the all-alumni survey.
- Jayhawks for Higher Education advocates helped win approval for partial restoration of the dramatic cuts to state funding for Regents universities since 2008.
- Our legacy relations team, working with the KU Office of Admissions, offered personalized recruitment of students from KU families to help increase the number of undergraduate legacy students on campus from 4,478 to 4,592, or 23.5 percent of the entire undergraduate population.
- Since June 30, 2017, the Student Alumni Network has grown from 1,881 to 4,322 members.
- The Presidents Club grew at a record pace by all metrics this past year.
These milestones are critical to a strong, vibrant association and our role in building lifelong relationships as a trusted, strategic partner of the University. As responsible stewards of your resources, we are proud of our talented staff for executing our mission effectively within the confines of our established budget. We are fortunate to collaborate with University leaders, KU Endowment, Kansas Athletics and numerous academic partners to help the University continue to achieve greater heights. The University of Kansas was built by generations of passionate Jayhawks like you who love this institution dearly. Your collective efforts are gamechangers for KU!
We believe Jayhawks are stronger together!
Heath Peterson, d’04, g’09
Kevin Carroll, assoc.
National Chair, 2017-’18
Read the annual report below, or download the annual report as a PDF.