Dear Association Members,
Thank you for affirming your commitment to the University and the Association through your continued loyalty and generosity. With your support, we reached important milestones during the 2016-’17 fiscal year:
- We led the Big 12 in membership growth, adding more than 1,000 new members. The Association is now 43,688 members strong.
- The Presidents Club grew to a record 485 members.
- Eighty-one percent of spending directly funded programs and services; 14 percent supported membership and fundraising, and 5 percent funded general expenses.
- Since we unveiled the mobile app in May 2016, nearly 10,000 Jayhawks downloaded the app and logged nearly 1 million individual sessions. Repeat users spent an average of 19 minutes in the app. If you have not added this feature, please visit kualumni.org/app.
- We partnered with KU Endowment to provide four-year gift membership to all KU students beginning this fall. This change sets the stage for significant enhancements we are making to help students grow their professional networks by connecting them to industry leaders around the world.
- Our new network strategy guides and develops volunteers and bolsters alumni networks around the world—critical to connecting thousands of Jayhawks to one another and to KU.
- We thoroughly evaluated the Kansas Honors Program and modernized the 46-year old tradition, creating new Kansas Honor Scholar medallions and streamlining 36 events into 12 regional events. We will invest the savings into additional scholarships for these Kansans.
- We established a Business Development Program to help us expand our services for alumni and students. We are grateful for the support of our advertisers and sponsors.
- To support growth in areas that align with our four strategic goals, we added staff positions in business development, digital media and student programs.
Throughout KU’s history, the extraordinary dedication of Jayhawks has helped lift our alma mater to prominence as a world-class research university. We are fortunate to collaborate with University leaders, KU Endowment and Kansas Athletics to help the University continue its climb.
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
Heath Peterson, d’04, g’09
Scott Seyfarth, b’83
National Chair, 2016-’17
Read the annual report below, or download the annual report as a PDF.