Student Alumni Leadership Board
Student Alumni Leadership Board (SALB) members are the official student representatives and volunteers of the KU Alumni Association. SALB supports the KU Alumni Association in its mission to strengthen the University by informing, engaging and mobilizing the KU community. SALB members are the link between past, present and future Jayhawks, and represent the University at various functions throughout the year. Members also facilitate spirit functions, serve as campus ambassadors and organize community service projects.
SALB is an excellent opportunity to develop your leadership skills. As a board member, you have the opportunity to interact with some of the best student leaders, campus officials and alumni. The SALB office is located in the Adams Alumni Center. This organization is for students who bleed crimson and blue!
How to participate in SALB
SALB meets regularly throughout the year on Tuesday nights at the Adams Alumni Center and is governed by an eight-member executive board.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings. Meetings occur on various Tuesdays at 6 p.m. at the Adams Alumni Center.
- Attend many major SAN events or find ways to assist before or after these events if attendance is not possible. These include, but are not limited to: Hawk Fest, Home Football Fridays, and Grad Grill.
- Support and endorse all SAN programming, events (Networking Nights, Finals Dinner, Etiquette Dinner), and assist in recruiting members.
- Volunteer to assist with KUAA events and attend as many events as possible such as Rock Chalk Ball, reunions, and tailgates.
- Represent KU at Alumni Association and official University events.
- Plan and staff all SAN events
- Volunteer work as a board
- Opportunity to recruit legacy students and assist with campus visits
- Volunteer opportunity at the Chancellor’s tailgate
- Represent SAN at Kansas Honors Program events across the state
- Volunteer at alumni events including Rock Chalk Ball and the 50 Year Reunion
- Help promote the KU class ring program
New Member Education
After the application and interview process is complete, each new SALB member participates in new member education. Members spend three meetings learning more about the Association and SALB with a behind-the-scenes tour of the Adams Alumni Center and a trip to a secret location on campus with the SALB executive board and the president of the Alumni Association.