Student Alumni Leadership Board
Student Alumni Leadership Board (SALB) members are the official student representatives and volunteers of the KU Alumni Association. SALB supports the KU Alumni Association in its mission to strengthen the University by informing, engaging and mobilizing the KU community. SALB members are the link between past, present and future Jayhawks, and represent the University at various functions throughout the year. Members also facilitate spirit functions, serve as campus ambassadors and organize community service projects.
SALB is an excellent opportunity to develop your leadership skills. As a board member, you have the opportunity to interact with some of the best student leaders, campus officials and alumni. The SALB office is located in the Adams Alumni Center. This organization is for students who bleed crimson and blue!
How to participate in SALB
SALB meets regularly throughout the year on Tuesday nights at the Adams Alumni Center and is governed by an eight-member executive board.
- Plan and staff all SAA events
- Volunteer work as a board
- Opportunity to recruit legacy students and assist with campus visits
- Volunteer opportunity at the Chancellor’s tailgate
- Represent SAA at Kansas Honors Program events across the state
- Volunteer at alumni events including Rock Chalk Ball and the 50 Year Reunion
- Help promote the KU class ring program
New Member Education
After the application and interview process is complete, each new SALB member participates in new member education. Members spend three meetings learning more about the Association and SALB with a behind-the-scenes tour of the Adams Alumni Center and a trip to a secret location on campus with the SALB executive board and the president of the Alumni Association.