Each alumni network benefits from the leadership of volunteers who lead network meetings, organize events and support Association programs. Volunteer positions are available in your network, or you can help establish a network in your area if one doesn’t exist.
How to volunteer
To volunteer, contact Nick Kallail, assistant vice president of alumni and network programs, at email@example.com or 800.584.2957, or fill out the Volunteer Sign Up form below.
The KU Alumni Association exists to strengthen the University of Kansas by informing, mobilizing and supporting Association members and the KU community.
Through the support of dues-paying members, the KU Alumni Association creates impact for the University of Kansas in five ways: We Advocate, Communicate, Recruit, Serve and Unite.
- Be a KU Alumni Association Member
- Represent the Alumni Association in your network through planning, promoting and executing events
- You are the eyes and ears of the Association—provide feedback, good and bad
- Network success depends 100% on well-trained, informed volunteers. The KU Alumni Association needs you and you have our full support.
How to Help
- Lead a network
- Coordinate and run watch parties
- Plan an event in any bucket
- Engage alumni by promoting KU content and network activities on social media
- Work with Admissions on student recruitment events
Serving the Association
Promote membership and growth (Annual, Jayhawk Society, Life, Presidents Club)
Share great network stories for Kansas Alumni magazine and digital content
Collect business cards to maintain Association connections with alumni base
Crimson & Blue Views events unite alumni and friends to watch televised KU games with fellow Jayhawks.
Hawk Happenings events gather Jayhawks to enjoy live sports and entertainment events.
KU Cares events rally Jayhawk volunteers who lend their time and talents to benefit their communities. Alumni across the country are already involved in community causes and have shown a strong desire to leverage KU networks to further those efforts.
Rock Chalk Connect events offer opportunities to network with other professionals and exchange career tips.
Rock Chalk Cultivate is a series of events that gives KU alumni opportunities to acquire or develop qualities or skills with—and sometimes from—fellow Jayhawks.