Volunteers play a vital role in helping the KU Alumni Association connect Jayhawks around the world, and volunteers are encouraged to promote events and membership using social media. We are grateful for your enthusiasm and loyal service!
At least one current KU Alumni Association staff member should have administrative access to the group for consistency in the case of volunteer turnover; however members of the Facebook groups are encouraged to self-manage.
Volunteers should not create a presence that represents the network on any other social networking site. Social media may include, but is not limited to, sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Google+, Vimeo, blogs or other social networking sites.
Facebook groups associated with the KU Alumni Association and its alumni networks are intended for Jayhawk alumni, fans and friends to interact with each other, make social and professional connections, promote the University of Kansas and share relevant KU-related information with each other.
The KU Alumni Association encourages interaction by group members but is not responsible for comments or posts made by group members. Comments posted by group members do not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the Association.
Please do not post material that disparages, defames or harasses another person, business, product or organization, including another school.
Examples of inappropriate content:
• Posts, comments or photos that are unrelated or irrelevant to KU or the alumni network
• Posts that sell products or promote commercial, political or other non-KU related ventures
• Posts that are abusive, profane or violent
• Posts that are sexually suggestive or explicit, pornographic, obscene or offensive
• Comments that libel, incite, threaten or attack others
• Insults or slurs based on race, sex, gender, age, national origin or ancestry, religion, disability, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law
The Alumni Association and its network leaders reserve the right to remove posts, comments or photos that violate this policy or for any reason.
For questions about the policy, please contact Debbi Johanning, director of digital media, at email@example.com or 785.864.1329.