The Association strengthens the University of Kansas by expanding its online communications and its strong volunteer network to meet the needs of KU. The Alumni Association has built KU’s presence across Kansas and the nation and has established several international chapters. Milestones include:
- Each of the 105 counties in Kansas is included in one of 23 regional chapters.
- All Kansas chapters appoint recruiting liaisons to help KU attract the best students.
- Jayhawks for Higher Education are effective legislative advocates for KU.
- Seven international chapters gather far-flung Jayhawks.
- The Alumni Association has 500 active volunteers, a new record for KU.
- Alumni chapters welcome incoming KU freshmen at more than 40 picnics around the country.
In addition, print and online communication and programs such as pre-game events at home and away (including bowl games and the NCAA Tournament) and class reunions on campus help unite Jayhawks on behalf of their alma mater.
Gifts in support of the Alumni Association provide funds to support these and many other initiatives to engage the Jayhawk Nation in celebrating and strengthening KU.
Members of the KU Alumni Association’s Presidents Club annually contribute $1,000 or more to help support the creation and expansion of programs to better serve KU and its alumni, friends and students.
To give now to the Association, please make an online gift through KU Endowment. For more information about endowed funds for the Alumni Association, contact Endowment’s development director, Angie Storey, at 785.832.7374 or toll free at 800.444.4201.