Posted on Jan 9, 2019 in News
The Association and several other KU entities won regional honors in the annual competition of Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) District VI, which includes eight states.
The Association’s honors include:
- KU Cares Month of Service won a gold medal among new alumni relations programs.
- The Student Alumni Network’s Mocktails and Mingle series of professional networking events for students won silver among student alumni initiatives.
- “Home on the Hill,” the visual design for Homecoming 2018, took silver honors among branding programs for departments or units.
- Kansas Alumni received two bronze medals for cover design, “Miracle on Ice,” issue No. 1, 2018; and “Speak Up, Speak Out,” issue No. 2, 2018, and a bronze medal among illustrations for “Degree in 3,” issue No. 5, 2018.
Month of Service returns
For the second consecutive year, alumni donated their time and treasure for the Alumni Association’s KU Cares Month of Service campaign, which encourages Jayhawks nationwide to give back to their communities during the month of November. Nearly 350 volunteers—more than double last year’s participation—from 24 alumni networks generously gave more than 100 hours of service to:
- Organize blood drives
- Collect food, clothing and personal hygiene supplies
- Prepare and serve meals for families in need
- Restore and enhance neighborhood parks
- Make sleeping bags for homeless individuals
- Clean beaches in seaside communities
- Gather pet supplies for local animal shelters
- Raise money for national and local nonprofit organizations
Overall, the University community received 30 awards for programs, events and communications from the Office of Marketing Communications, KU Endowment, the KU Cancer Center, The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences and the William Allen White School of Journalism. The awards will be presented Jan. 15 at the annual CASE District VI conference in Denver.