Posted on Sep 7, 2018 in News
Two Lawrence Hy-Vee supermarkets, with locations on Sixth Street and on Clinton Parkway, have partnered with the University of Kansas Alumni Association to sponsor several alumni programs and events, including:
- The KU Student Alumni Network Restaurant Partner Program, which supports Home Football Fridays, Trunk or Treat on Oct. 26, Connect on Campus events, Big Jay’s Recess and Finals Dinners. Hy-Vee will also support the new Jayhawk Impact Award, created by the Student Alumni Network and the Student Involvement & Leadership Center to recognize KU students who have made substantial contributions to the University.
- The University’s 106th Homecoming celebration, which begins Saturday, Sept. 22, with the theme, “Home on the Hill,” and features a weeklong series of student and alumni activities, culminating in the KU vs. Oklahoma State football game Sept. 29 at David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium.
- The KU Veteran’s Day 5K run, Sunday, Nov. 11, at David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium. Hy-Vee is the platinum-level grocery store sponsor and will also host the run’s Recovery Zone.
- The Rock Chalk Ball, the Alumni Association’s largest annual fundraising event, in spring 2019, which supports Association and Student Alumni Network programs and activities. Hy-Vee is the exclusive floral provider and will also donate a package for the Silent Auction.
- The Gold Medal Club Reunion Weekend, May 3-4, 2019, which celebrates alumni who have passed their 50th anniversary of graduation. Hy-Vee will cater the welcome and reunion lunches during the event.
“We are thrilled to partner with the Lawrence Hy-Vee grocery stores throughout the 2018-’19 academic year,” said Heath Peterson, KU Alumni Association president. “Their support will strengthen the Association’s efforts to connect with Jayhawks of all ages through student programs and at several alumni events.”
“We are excited about our unique partnership with the KU Alumni Association and KU Student Alumni Network,” said Steve Colbern, director of the Hy-Vee store on Sixth Street. “Our involvement is all-encompassing to support students, alumni, veterans and the Lawrence community. We look forward to bringing the Hy-Vee experience to support the Association.”
“The Lawrence Hy-Vee stores have enjoyed a strong relationship with the KU Alumni Association,” said Brett Albers, director of the Clinton Parkway Hy-Vee store. “When presented with the chance to fully engage with the organization on all levels, we jumped at the opportunity to partner and help advance both organization’s objectives.”