Posted on Feb 28, 2013 in Alumni News and News
Do you know a Jayhawk who has provided unique and significant service to the University? Or maybe someone who has spent time volunteering for the University, recruiting students or serving as a chapter leader?
The Alumni Association is proud to honor outstanding Jayhawks each year with three awards: the Fred Ellsworth Medallion, the Mildred Clodfelter Alumni Award and the Dick Wintermote Chapter Volunteer of the Year Award. Nominations are being accepted for the awards through March 31.
- Fred Ellsworth, c’22, led the Association staff as executive secretary from 1924 to 1962.
- The Fred Ellsworth Medallion has honored individuals since 1975.
- The recipients are invited to a special dinner in conjunction with the fall Board of Directors meeting and introduced during that weekend’s home football game.
- Click here to see biographies of and video interviews with last year’s recipients: Chancellor Robert Hemenway, Sue Shields Watson, d’75, and David Wysong, j’72.
- Click here for more information about this award, the nomination form or to see a list of previous award winners.
- Mildred Clodfelter, b’41, worked for KU for 47 years, 42 of which were spent at the Alumni Association.
- The “Millie” award was created in 1987 to thank alumni and friends for sustained volunteer service to the University at a local level.
- Winners of this award have been alumni chapter leaders, Kansas Honors Program site coordinators and student recruitment volunteers.
- Click here for more specific information about the criteria for this award, as well as the nomination form and a list of previous honorees.
The Dick Wintermote Chapter Volunteer of the Year Award recognizes chapter volunteers who have demonstrated extraordinary leadership to their chapter and the Association during the past year. An internal committee of Association staff members will determine these award winners.
We know there are lots of great Jayhawks out there who deserve to be honored! Don’t forget to submit your nominations by March 31.