Posted on Sep 12, 2014 in Alumni News and News
Thank you to all of the Association members who attended our first members-only tailgate Sept. 6 on Level 1 of the Kansas Union. More than 200 members and guests attended the event, and we appreciate all of the feedback we received.
To better serve alumni and friends, we have fine-tuned several aspects of the tailgate for the KU-Central Michigan game.
The tailgate will be held from 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. on Sept. 20 in the Hawks Nest on Level 1 of the Kansas Union.
Some of the changes we’re making include:
- Double-sided buffet in a more spacious area for quicker service
- Expanded menu, featuring a Philly Cheesesteak bar: hoagie buns, Philly beef and chicken, peppers & onions; beer-battered sidewinder fries with cheese sauce & chili; marinated vegetable trio; and marbled sheet cake
- Additional seating inside
- Larger tables on the patio
- Kids’ activities will be in the JayBowl—in addition to activities on Level 4
Show your membership card at the door, and you and up to four guests can enjoy the buffet. Each guest also receives two drink coupons for soft drinks and beer or wine for those 21 and over. The cost is $12 per person; kids 5 and under are admitted free.
Don’t miss the fun with the Marching Jayhawks, Spirit Squad and mascots. You’ll enjoy KU camaraderie and a great view of campus—all within a short walk from Memorial Stadium. We will see you Sept. 20!
P.S. KU Band Day will also take place on Sept. 20, and thirty high school bands will perform with the KU bands at halftime. The Band Day parade will be held at 9 a.m. on Massachusetts Street in downtown Lawrence.