Kansas Athletics and the KU Alumni Association have partnered to bring KU football to Jayhawks across the midwest this spring! If you’re a football fan, don’t miss this opportunity to meet Coach Weis.
You might remember that last spring we hosted several events around the state of Kansas that featured the newly-hired head coach. This year, we’re expanding the events to include a number of cities outside of Kansas.
All Jayhawk alumni, fans and friends are invited to attend the events, which include free receptions, luncheons and happy hours in several cities. Sheahon Zenger, director of athletics, will also be in attendance, along with Kansas Athletics and KU Alumni Association staff members.
Here’s a list of the events, with a link to purchase tickets if there’s a cost involved:
- Denver: Thurs., May 2, at Stoney’s Full Steam Tavern (free)
- Houston: Wed., May 8, at Armadillo Palace (free)
- Dallas: Thurs., May 9, at Dallas Market Center Hall of Nations
- St. Louis: Wed., May 15, at St. Louis Marriott West
- Wichita: Thurs., May 16, at Wichita Marriott
- Liberal: Thurs., May 16, at Seward County Ag Building
- Chicago: Tues., May 21, at Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel
- Topeka: Wed., May 22, at Ramada Inn Downtown Convention Center (free)
Commemorative KU football items will be available, and you’ll also have the chance to win autographed merchandise and football tickets. And, if you’re a KU Alumni Association member, be sure to show your membership card to receive a free members-only gift!
Don’t have your membership card handy? We’ve made it easy for you– our emails now include your membership status printed at the bottom, so you can show a recent email to our staff to get your gift. Not a member? Click here to join.
Click here to read about the KU football team’s spring game, held on Saturday, Apr. 13.