For KU alumni, tournament time is a time to educate friends and co-workers about our hoops heritage and institutional excellence, so we thought we’d share a handful of
bragging rights, let’s call them “talking points” that might come in handy at the water cooler. For example: Did you know that the KU men’s and women’s basketball teams are both in the Sweet 16 for the second year in a row— an achievement no other school can claim?
Enjoy the following claims to fame, and feel free to share them! As an added bonus, these tidbits are tweet-worthy too!
- The KU men’s basketball team earned its 30th trip to the NCAA Tournament Sweet 16.
- The KU women are only the second no. 12 seed ever to advance to the Sweet 16.
- KU has 10 graduate programs ranked in the top 10 among public universities, and 32 among the top 40.
- KU has won more Big 12 championships 9 than all other Big 12 schools combined.
- KU is home to the nation’s largest, most comprehensive university biodiversity research and education center.
- KU Head Coach Bill Self has more Big 12 titles (9) than career home losses (8) at KU.
- The KU men’s team has the longest active streak of consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances (24).
- KU is one of four schools to be a no. 1 seed ten or more times (Kansas, North Carolina, Kentucky, Duke).
- The KU men’s team has been a no. 1 seed four of the last five seasons.
- The KU Alumni Association keeps records for more than 300,000 alumni and friends of KU.
- Membership in the KU Alumni Association is the best way to strengthen all of KU. Join us!
Did you see how we slipped that last one in there? Share these fun facts with your family, friends and coworkers, and tell the world that you’re proud to be a Jayhawk!
More to add? By all means, let us know! email@example.com