We build lifelong relationships that strengthen the University of Kansas and the legacy of excellence embodied by its students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends.
The KU Alumni Association is a trusted, strategic partner in advancing the mission of the University of Kansas by uniting a global network of Jayhawks and increasing the value of KU degrees.
These shared values unite our KU family:
KU students, alumni, faculty staff and friends take special pride in what it means to be a Jayhawk. We celebrate the achievements of KU and one another.
Shared KU experiences motivate us to preserve, protect and perpetuate unique, timeless traditions.
Students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends connect through their shared passion to support KU and fellow Jayhawks throughout every life stage.
Loyal Jayhawks help build upon KU’s legacy of excellence through service, support and generosity to KU in personally meaningful ways.
Through the support of dues-paying members, donors and friends, the KU Alumni Association creates positive impact for the University of Kansas in five ways: We Advocate, Communicate, Recruit, Serve and Unite Jayhawks.
Your membership in the KU Alumni Association is the single most powerful way to make all of KU stronger, including the value of your own degree. Through your membership, the Association:
- Enhances student recruitment by signaling to the best and brightest that a powerful affiliation exists worldwide in support of the University
- Increases the value of your KU degree by highlighting the accomplishments and commitment of Jayhawks
- Preserves KU’s distinctive, nationally known traditions and helps students understand that being a Jayhawk is a lifelong commitment
- Provides an avenue through which informed advocates for KU can voice their opinions and be heard by KU leaders and politicians
- Grows a larger network of Jayhawks who can help fellow Jayhawks in an increasingly competitive world
The Alumni Association is the sole guardian of alumni records for the University of Kansas and houses biographical information on 347,681 active alumni. These records comprise 195,821 residents of Kansas, 147,441 residents of other states and 5,556 residents for foreign countries. Association members can locate an alumnus in the Online Directory.